Wake up democracy!

It's time to end the apathy and wake up. We should be writing letters to the editor, posting blogs, donating money, and pushing our officials to wake up and take action!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bush polcies have caused "irreparable damage' to United States reputation

Rear Admiral Donald Guter was the Judge Advocate General of the Navy at the time the military tribunal policies were written. Admiral Guter argued against these Bush policies from within the administration at the time they were being implemented. Asked whether the decision gave him an "I told you so moment", he responded:

"I think the damage that's been to our reputation, the damage thats been done to at least our standing with respect to the rule of law and arguing for respect for our military prisoners and others, I think that has been so diminished by what has happened and whats been done that its hard to feel any kind of gloating over the decision."

"I think we've suffered probably irreparable harm in the international community for my lifetime, and for my kids lifetime, but I think that this [the Hamden decision] might be a chance to start fresh."

Hear the entire interview HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home